Sunday, February 19, 2012

More paintings returned!!!!!






These ones were in my brother George's shed. First there were the ones from the Funnell shipping container, then the ones I had to pick up from Arc 1 because they were making room in the stockroom, and the ones that Sam had in his office that he's brought home now that he's changed jobs. All in the last few weeks! Also I went to Neon Parc the other day and Geoff's like "Oh yeah, I have to give you back those works from that show."

Actually I quite like these paintings from George's shed. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them. I did them in second year painting at RMIT. I had a collection of different patterned papers, like Victorian floral designs, and Christmas wrappings etc. I placed  a very large jar of water on the top of the selected papers, and did drawings of the distortions through the glass. You get these effects of stringy lines and big blobs. All my lines go back to that year of drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment