Thursday, March 1, 2012

Half in Half out part 2 - a closer look

I've put some of this work on the blog before, under wall drawings, and cardboard and balloons, I suppose it makes more sense if you see it all together as one show. This was the first show at the (then) new Uplands in Chapel Street. In case you never went there, I should mention that you went up to the first floor via the lift or stairs, and you approached the gallery across an open deck area, and then you crossed a boardwalk to enter the space. I wanted to create a Spring-like atmosphere of growth and liveliness.  Andrius Lipsys took the photos.









 I had some money from a public sculpture I had done for Becton at the Esplanade in St Kilda (possible future post) so I decided to spend it on getting some metal sculptures made for this show. The principal was the same as the cardboard sculptures - two sheets of metal which slot together at right angles, but they needed bases as well or else they would have fallen over, and they were bolted together too. They were sprayed in car paint.







  











































































No comments:

Post a Comment