Sunday, August 26, 2012

Also in St Kilda

This is a work I made back in, er, was it 2006? It's a pretty big wall drawing I did in the stairwell of a large Victorian House in St Kilda. Danny Lacy helped me install it, and basically ended up installing it himself after I got a massive migraine and the pattern on the tessellated tile floor was swirling around and around in my head mixed in with the lime green and pink vinyl. It was a pretty stressful install - it felt quite dangerous because it was very high up and we were in a hurry.

I've taken these photos off various design blogs, but the bloggers have scanned them from Vogue Living. Funnily enough it gets used as an example of an easy and fun way to pep up a wall, and something you could do yourself!!  Don't try it at home people!!!






1 comment:

  1. I remember this well Julia. Well, had actually blocked it from my mind for some time as it was a pretty intense install. Scaffolding up the stairwell was the only way we could install the work. I had never really done that before but was used to the scissor lift at ACCA, so acted like I knew what I was doing. It was pretty safe. But it was also precarious leaning over the edge of the balcony to reach the end of the wall drawing. It is one of the most exciting installs I have ever done, and it looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete